Never Lost - Just Exploring

Never Lost - Just Exploring
Click for slideshow

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Hard to believe it has already been one week since I started this blog. The main idea was to have a place to deposit  my motorcycle adventure stories, and then allow people to read them from all over the country (world?).  I found it was cumbersome to try to share a long story like All the Way to the Water - how does one easily send this size to a friend in another state? E-mail files were huge, the printed matter was excessivly costly to mail, and to sned a disc or usb memory stick was pricey as well.  That is the genesis of this blog.

I also thought that perhaps I could share my thoughts and ideas and chronicle them in a place for my friends and family to read as well. In my heart I always wanted to be some kind of writer. I think I can bring a unique perspective to the things I experience, and with some luck present them in a manner which the reader will find entertaining and perhaps even enlightening...That would be a very wodnerful thing for me indeed.

One thought that has been in my mind a lot lately is a very brief experience from mid-January 2012. The winter has been unsually warm, and the weather (or lack thereof) has been something I often pay attention to, which may be a consequence of being a motorcycle enthusiast as I am IN said weather when I am riding.

We had a rain shower overnight that was simlar in feeling and intensity to a more common spring rain shower. It was not a heavy downpour, nor raging storm, simply an extended rain shower with little wind but lots of rain water. When I went outside the next morning I found the air to be wierdly clean, and clear. The rain had washed the world so completely everything looked ...different ...? The road surface was clean, the house was clean, the grass seemed spring like, the air smelled and tasted fresh. Even my car, parked outside overnight, was clean and shiney like it had just been polished..?

I have no proof of this idea, but I think it may be reasonable...I think the rainwater was in a very pure form. The winter cold air is quite dense and will hold scarce few pollutants (hence the better air quality index found in the dead of winters). I think this rain was so clean, so pure, so freash that it had a cleansing effect on whereever it fell. The Ph balance must've been perfect, each drop falling to earth without collecting dust, and pollen and pollutants on the way down. No acid rain, no ash from a distant fire, no fallout from a reactor somewhere half way around the globe...just pure clean fresh water.  Further - I wonder if this was the type of rain that ALWAYS fell on the world before mankind came along and started adding tons of exhaust carbons into the air. When the world was growing and green and lush.  If that is the case..then early man had a wonderful place to develop and grow...perhaps even a "garden" all centered on this simple thing - rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment